This guide provides instructions on how to set up Private Email mailbox in Outlook on an android device.
NOTE: before setting the email account, double-check that your domain has the correct Private Email DNS records and the mailbox is created.
To add the account in Outlook:
1. Open Outlook on your device.
2. In case it is your first account, press Get Started, and type the email address:
If you already have an email account added to Outlook, press Settings in the upper right corner, select Add Account, then Add an email account:
3. Type the full email address of the account you want to add (we use [email protected] as an example) and press Continue:
4. Choose the account type – IMAP:
NOTE: Outlook for Android doesn’t support POP3 accounts.
5. Fill in the required details:
– Password: the password for the email account;
– Display Name: the recipients will see it as the sender’s name;
– Description: the description of the email account. Only you will see it.
Private Email uses autodiscover for the fast and convenient way to set up your mailboxes in email clients.
Once filled, click on the Done button in the upper right corner:
If for some reason the automatic setup failed, it is possible to type the settings manually.
Go back to the step 3, double-check the name of your mailbox and proceed to step 5, click Advanced Settings and fill in the required details:
IMAP Incoming Mail Server:
– IMAP Host Name: mail.privateemail.com:993 for SSL (or mail.privateemail.com:143 for TLS/STARTTLS)
– IMAP Username: the same as the name of your mailbox;
– IMAP password: password for the mailbox.
SMTP Outgoing Mail Server:
– SMTP Host Name: mail.privateemail.com:465 for SSL (or mail.privateemail.com:587 for TLS/STARTTLS);
– SMTP Username: the same as the name of your mailbox;
– SMTP password: password for the mailbox.
Double-check all the settings, then press Done in the upper right corner.
6. The setup is finished. Now you can start managing your Private Email account in Outlook: